Prior to hiring any person to work in your household with your children
I is vital that you check their references and this is step five on our
list. If you would rather check the references of a nanny before meeting
with them, this is not only appropriate but can also save you time. Each
of our nanny profiles contains the contact details of 2 references so
make sure you speak to them personally. You should expect these
references to be previous employers and not friends or family members.
You might want to ask the referees:
- When did she begin work with your family?
- How long did she work for?
- What were the reasons for her departure?
- How many children did she look after?
- What were her responsibilities?
- What were her strengths/ weaknesses?
- Is there anything that you would praise/ critique about her work
- Would you recommend her?
Depending on the answers you receive you can decide whether to
proceed to the next stage, the face to face interview.