Profiles at Nanny Available include contact details of references.
Always speak to references personally to get a clearer idea of the
housekeeper you wish to hire. References should ideally be previous
employers, not friends or relatives.
Have a pen and blank paper with you so you can make notes during the
phone call. Questions to ask a reference might include:
- When did she or he work with your family?
- Would you recommend this person as a housekeeper? Why?
- How would you describe his or her character?
- Do you have any criticisms of the work during his or her time
- Were there times when you were less than happy with the way he
or she worked? Please elaborate.
Once you have received answers, you can decide whether this person
still fits your ideal candidate, and if so, proceed to the next stage.